A collection of healthy pasta recipes for a healthy diet plan
Roast tomato and pesto pasta Serves 4
500ml fresh basil, torn into pieces
7,5ml garlic, crushed or minced
15ml pine nuts
15ml sesame seeds
5ml Parmesan cheese, grated
pinch black pepper
20ml oil, macadamia or olive
45ml boiling water
166g raw durum wheat pasta
500g cherry tomatoes, halved
5ml balsamic vinegar
60ml fresh basil, torn
10ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- For the pesto combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, sesame seed, Parmesan, sugar, salt, pepper, oil and boiling water in a food processor or liquidiser.
- Process for 1 to 3 minutes to make a smooth pesto.
- Keep aside
- Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the grill and place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting pan with the cut sides facing up. Sprinkle the sugar and vinegar evenly over the tomatoes and grill for 10 minutes, stirring once
- When slightly brown and soft, stir into the cooked pasta using the juices as well.
- Add the pesto and torn basil. Mix gently.
- Dish up and sprinkle with Parmesan
- Serve with a large tossed salad.
Note: replace tomatoes with any vegetable
Back to Home Page
Back to Diet